A natural colon cleanse and liver detox smoothie recipe that provides antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and cleansing effects.
The ingredients of this liver detox smoothie also boost immunity, help with weight loss, regulate high blood pressure and cleanse the colon by keeping you regular.
Liver Detox Smoothie Recipe
Whether you’re looking for a colon cleanse smoothie recipe, smoothie for constipation and bloating, a liver cleanse and detox smoothie or even smoothies to lower blood pressure, then this beet smoothie is just right for you!
Pregnant women, anemics and anyone who could use an immune system boost can benefit from this fiber rich natural colon cleanse and liver detox drink recipe – that is not only nutritious but also delicious!
Also make sure to increase your water intake with this cucumber lemon ginger water (or just plain filtered water) to help flush the toxins out.
How To Detox And Cleanse Your Liver Naturally?
To detox your liver and cleanse it naturally you need a gentle slow approach. You don’t want to overload it with a fast influx of toxins. Using beets to support liver’s detox function by activating liver’s enzymes and increase bile is a great way to do it.
By making a beet smoothie recipe which incorporates both the juice and the fiber, you will tackle multiple problems at once: constipation, bloating and inflammation while getting a high amount of antioxidants.
Also don’t forget to enhance your body’s natural detoxification system by eliminating alcohol, desserts, getting adequate sleep and exercise, staying hydrated and by following healthy habits that help maintain a strong immune system.
Why Is This The Best Liver And Colon Cleanse Smoothie
- This liver detox smoothie will help to heal the colon and liver function by gradually improving elimination, reducing inflammation  and constipation.
- Drinking a smoothie made of beets, carrots and apples everyday will get you a healthy dose of nutrients and fibers thus improving your liver detox, blood circulation  and red cell regeneration.
- It’s also one of the best smoothies for high blood pressure  both systolic and diastolic, skin appearance and menstrual disorders. Even cancer affected patients noticed great health improvements , by inhibiting tumor growth and preventing liver injuries.
When To Drink This Colon Cleanse And Liver Detox Smoothie
In order to see real results try to do a morning routine for a few weeks. Drink this colon and liver detox smoothie on an empty stomach (about 1 jour before breakfast) followed by a diet low in processed foods and lots of water.
This will speed up the elimination of waste from the colon and liver. The colon is the body’s “sewer system”, and if not treated properly can accumulate toxic poisons. These are reabsorbed into the bloodstream, so we definitely want to avoid that.
Colon Cleanse And Liver Detox Smoothie Tips
- You can make some changes in the ingredient list according to your preference. Like substitute pear for apple (these two are the only fruits that pair well with vegetables in smoothies without upsetting your stomach) or add some celery root, turmeric powder or spirulina for extra benefits. I usually opt for this freeze dried organic spirulina. Increase the amount of ingredients gradually depending on your healing demands.
- It is not recommended to mix other fruits with vegetables besides apples or pear because the fruits may ferment, cause gas and slow down digestion when mixed with other foods.
- Add some fat as well, in order to help fat soluble vitamins to be absorbed by the body. For this I’m using hemp oil or flax seed oil.
- Using raw fruits and vegetables in the smoothie will achieve a maximum concentration of vitamins and minerals.
- Beet juice may cause your stool and urine to turn red, this is due to the betalain red pigment. Actually you can use beets as a test and check your bowel transit time. It will tell how long it takes your food to be excreted, if it’s longer than 24-30 hours it means you are constipated. If the urine is too red it’s a sign that there is a problem with your kidneys’ filtering system.
- If you truly desire to get better, try to make this colon and liver detox smoothie a daily morning routine, along with a clean eating diet and at least 30 minutes daily exercises. This will stimulate your endocrine system which plays a huge role in maintaining a healthy digestive system.
Ingredients For A Colon Cleanse And Liver Detox Smoothie
Most of the benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta-carotene and fiber content but that’s not all. They also have manganese, phosphorus, copper, potassium, vitamin B1, B2, B6 and vitamin K, C, E.
Carrots are rich in antioxidants but because of high pesticide residues, it’s important to choose organic, especially when eating the skin.
Beet root is very well known for it’s powerful antioxidant and phase II enzyme-inducing activities, anti-inflammatory, fungicidal and a detoxification aid substance and even anti-cancer properties.
The beets are also a good source of dietary fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin C, iron and vitamin B6, also folate, manganese, potassium and copper.
All these nutrients will support kidneys and gall bladder healing, also improve stomach acid levels and normalize high blood pressure.
How to prepare beets for smoothie? Just peel and quarter. Don’t bake them, you need the enzymes and nutrients intact!
Apples are full of vitamin A – a powerful antioxidant, also a rich source of fiber, B vitamins (B1,B2, B3, B5 and B9), vitamin C, E, K.
Most of the vitamin C and vitamin A are in the skin, so don’t peal your apples if you want to really benefit from them.
Try to choose ecologically pure apples as the conventional ones are top fruits contaminated with pesticides, especially their skin.
Ginger root also has a complex of B vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, Vitamin C, E as well minerals like Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium and Zinc.
Ginger boosts your body’s natural capacity to absorb nutrients. It also has great anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties which make it a reliable ally against most acute infections.
Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Thiamin,Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid (B5), Phosphorus and Zinc, Vitamin A, C, K, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
Apigenin and myristicin (found in parsley) boost the productivity of one of our liver’s enzymes that helps in detoxing our bodies. It activates the production of glutathione which makes it a great heavy metal detox tool, preventing them from doing damage.
Plus helps the body clear out extra mucus. In order to achieve good results try adding more than a few strands of parley in your leaver detox smoothie.
These seeds are nutritionally unique, they have high content of omega-3 essential fatty acids, dietary fiber, vitamin B1, copper, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium.
Flax seeds are mucilaginous performing anti-ulcer activity in the intestinal tract. It is necessary to include at least 3 tablespoons in your diet per day for a while before noticing any improvements.
Hemp has perfect and natural blend of easily digested proteins, excellent ratio of essential fats (Omega 3 & 6), Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), antioxidants, amino acids, fiber, iron, zinc, carotene, phospholipids, phytosterols, vitamin B1, B2, B6,vitamin D, E, chlorophyll, calcium, magnesium, sulfur and copper.
It has been noted to be extremely healthy and strongly anti-inflammatory providing a faster recovery of your digestive system.
Try to incorporate at least 2 tablespoons in your diet every day. Fat is essential in this combination in order to make all these mentioned above nutrients absorb-able.
How To Make a Liver Detox Smoothie
- Prepare and wash the ingredients (beets, apple, carrots, parsley).
- Cut into chunks the beets, apples and carrots.
- Toss all ingredients (including flax seeds and hemp oil) with a bit of water, in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately, for maximum benefits.
Signs Your Liver Is Detoxing
Sometimes during detoxing, the released toxins can exceed the body’s capacity for elimination, therefore can occur symptoms, like:
- Skin issues
- Foul body odor
Once these symptoms start to improve, then you can say your detoxing is successful.
More Healthy Juices & Smoothie Recipes:
If you try this colon cleanse and liver detox smoothie, please leave a comment below, it’s really helpful for me and readers.
Other Beet Recipes To Try
- Fermented Beets + Cabbage (Probiotic Rich Sauerkraut)
- Easy Beetroot Salad Recipes + Dressings
- Beet Crackers With Flax Seeds (Vegan Gluten Free)
- Creamy Beet Soup With Red Sauerkraut
- Best Beetroot Juice Blend For Maximum Benefits
The Best Colon And Liver Detox Smoothie Recipe
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium beet - quartered
- 1 medium apple - quartered
- handful of parsley - fresh
- 1.5 inch ginger - fresh
- 1 tbsp flax seeds - ground or whole
- 1 tbsp hemp oil - (or flax oil)
- 3/4 cup water - filtered
Prepare the ingredients
- Wash, peel (beets, carrots, ginger; no need to peel the apples) and roughly chop everything.
- In a blender add all ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more water if you prefer it more liquid.
- It's best to serve immediately, in order to prevent nutrient loss. But if you really don't have time you can refrigerate in glasses or blender’s jug for up to 24 hours.
Tips For Making This Colon Cleanse / Liver Detox SmoothieHow to prepare beets for smoothie? Just peel and quarter. Don’t bake them, you need the enzymes and nutrients intact! Liquid: It’s best to use plain water, don’t use juice yogurt or plant milk. Don’t overload and hinder it’s properties by adding extra sugar or fat. Frozen fruits and vegetables: Using frozen fruit or vegetables is the next best option. But since the fresh ones have the most of nutrients try to use crisp, freshly peeled (or not) ingredients. Make It Quick: still want the benefits and don’t have the time or access to fresh beets? The use Freeze-dried Whole-Root Beet Powder which is far superior than air dried. Substitute pear for apple (these two are the only fruits that pair well with vegetables in smoothies without upsetting your stomach), Add: turmeric powder or spirulina for extra benefits. I usually opt for this freeze dried organic spirulina. Increase the amount of ingredients gradually depending on your healing demands. Greens: Parsley is very healing, reduces bloating and is perfect for digestive health. I would not replace it with anything, but if you must, kale or chard is another good option. Healthy fats: fats are necessary for fat soluble vitamins to be absorbed by your body, so don’t skip the flax seeds (they also have fiber) or the hemp oil (which is full of omega-3). What is the best blender? To make the smoothies smooth you need a high speed blender. I use this Ninja (the only decent one I could find with glass pitcher and not plastic) or Vitamix (some people say it’s the best blender in the world).
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
Disclaimer: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and not intended for medical advice. Please refer to my full disclaimer for more info.
Liver Detox Smoothie Pin
©HealthyTasteOfLife. Content and photographs are copyright protected and need prior permission to use. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to other websites and any social media is strictly prohibited. Sharing and using the link of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated!