Honeydew smoothie recipe – a refreshing, frosty summer drink made with honeydew melon, fresh mint and lemon juice – all vegan ingredients. The flavor of this honeydew smoothie offers light floral sweetness, a delicious mouth-watering treat that’s just the right amount of sweet.
Honeydew Smoothie Recipe
The honeydew melon has a very sweet flavor and a juicy texture and is just wonderful for a smoothie.
If you’re feeling the heat, wherever you are, this icy honeydew smoothie will help you cool down in a very pleasant way. The combination of honeydew melon and mint enhances both color and flavor of this melon smoothie making it the most refreshing summer drink I’ve ever tasted. This is truly one of those treats that you can feel good about eating because it’s healthy, hydrating and tasty.
Another summer smoothie with tropical flavors you might like is this mango pineapple smoothie.
Related: Pineapple Milkshake With Coconut Milk & Ice Cream (Dairy Free)
How To Cut The Honeydew Melon
After cutting the melon in half and scooping out the seeds, cut the melon into manageable slices. Trim the rind and dice the fruit into cubes.
Related: Thick Strawberry Milkshake | Vegan
How To Make A Frosty Honeydew Smoothie
- Pick a ripe honeydew melon, they should be pale yellow to light lemon in color, not overly green. Cut the melon into bite-sized chunks and freeze them, leaving a few chunks at room temperature for making the liquid base.
Related: Coffee Milkshake With Chocolate Espresso & Mocha Flavor | Dairy Free
Heads up: some are affiliate links & I may receive a small commission from qualifying sales. For more info See This.
- Blend those chunks with all liquid ingredients + mint leaves, until you get a liquid mixture. For that I’m using my small Beast blender.
- Then add the frozen honeydew chunks. This will make an easier blending process and and will give this honeydew smoothie that slushy consistency.
And here’s how truly easy this frosty honeydew melon smoothie is to make!
How To Enjoy This Slushy Honeydew Smoothie
I always eat fresh fruit on an empty stomach, 20 min before a meal, this in one of food combining rules I always follow. Some fruits combine well with greens, making awesome green smoothies, but melons in particular should be eaten completely on their own. Combining them with other foods will slow down the digestive process, leading to fermentation, lots of gas and bloating.
You can make this the icy honeydew smoothie / slush recipe and enjoy it at home or toss it into a cooler or an insulated bottle and take that with you. You’ll be able to enjoy your frosty melon smoothie right there where you are. And if melts a little in the cooler throughout the day, that’s OK, it will still be cold!
More Smoothies Recipes You Might Like
Also check out more smoothie recipe ideas in my cookbook.
If you tried this honeydew smoothie recipe and you enjoyed it, please leave a star rating or a comment below the post. Thanks!
Honeydew Smoothie (Slush) | A Refreshing Summer Drink
- 1 cup honeydew melon - cubed room temperature
- 3 cups honeydew melon - cubed, frozen
- 1/2 cup water - or coconut water
- 1/2 cup mint leaves - fresh, tightly packed
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice - fresh, or lime juice
- 1 tsp coconut condensed milk - or any other sweetener (in case the melon is unripe)
- Cut the melon into bite-sized chunks and freeze them, leaving a few chunks at room temperature for making the liquid base.
- Blend the room temperature honeydew melon chunks with the liquid ingredients + mint leaves, until you get a liquid mixture, then add the frozen honeydew chunks. This will give this honeydew smoothie a slush consistency.
- Pour about 1 cup of honeydew smoothie in each glass; stir gently. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
©HealthyTasteOfLife. Content and photographs are copyright protected and need prior permission to use. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to other websites and any social media is strictly prohibited. Sharing and using the link of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated!
Tuesday 25th of June 2019
I just made this melon smoothie the other day, very tasty and refreshing. I had a very ripe honeydew so I didnt add any other sweetner, it turned out sweet enough!
Wednesday 26th of June 2019
I'm glad you tried it, and yes if the melon is very ripe you don't really need to add more sweetness :)