This garlic ginger lemon honey mixture is great remedy for those looking to boost their immune system while sick during the cold and flu season or to fight a mild infection fast without antibiotics in a more natural way.
By combining garlic ginger lemon and honey you will get a powerful DIY immune boosting tonic (a natural antibiotic recipe) that will make your immune system stronger and capable enough to fight easily a viral, bacterial or yeast infection.
This post may contain affiliate links. To read the disclaimer policy See This.
A powerful all natural antibiotic recipe that became my favorite flu bomb remedy during cold and flu season over the last 5 years. This immune boosting tonic recipe is quite easy to make. It’s a garlic, ginger, lemon, honey remedy that’s suitable for the entire family, including kids!
Why I Make This Immune Boosting Tonic?
A few years ago I was constantly sick and getting cold after cold and many other infections on a regular basis. The conventional medication wasn’t helping, it was doing more damage. This made me look for natural immune boosting recipes that could actually help me fight all those infections.
I wanted a more natural approach. I needed to strengthen my immune system fast and avoid all those antibiotics that put me in this position in the first place.
I discovered that natural remedies most of the time are much more potent then their synthetic counterparts, and slowly started to develop new habits that helped me grow a strong immune system.
This lemon garlic ginger and honey mixture was one of the first I implemented.
Lemon Ginger Garlic and Honey Mixture Benefits
Combining garlic, ginger, lemon and honey makes one of the best and effective immune boosting tonic recipes. All it’s ingredients have anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties and work synergistically, meaning they work even better when combined.
And I tried many immune boosting tonic recipes: with apple cider vinegar, with turmeric or cayenne pepper, they all were great but I felt that the key ingredient is always garlic.
This specific immune boosting tonic recipe is even easy to ingest, without feeling like vomiting after taking it.
How Effective Is This Immune Boosting Tonic Recipe?
- Unlike the store-bought medicines which simply suppress our symptoms, the plant medicines work deep, strengthening our body’s immune system right at the core. It can be a general immune system stimulant (stimulates maximum blood circulation) or it can heal, relieve the pain and swelling by helping to move the excess mucus.
- Aids digestion and promotes detoxification. It is also a good tonic for the digestive tract’s flora and for the skin.
- Great for viral infections (cold, flu). There are also a few studies showing the garlic effectiveness against many viruses including cytomegalovirus, rhinovirus, HIV, herpes simplex 1 and 2 viral pneumonia, and rotavirus.
- Garlic and ginger have antimicrobial activity against many pathogens (strep, staph, helicobacter pylori, mycobacterium tuberculosis, clostridium, klebsiella and other bacteria responsible for sinus, ear, lung and urinary tract infections).
- Antifungal properties. Both animal and in vitro studies have shown garlic to be more potent than nystatin, gentian violet, and six other reputed antifungal agents in inhibiting fungal infections.
- Mixing all these ingredients is better than using each of them separately. Their beneficial effect is synergistic, meaning they work even better together by enhancing the properties of each. For example honey has the property to pull and concentrate the medicinal properties of the other ingredients (in this case garlic and ginger). And the lemon – helps with the absorption of key nutrients and antioxidants.
Prophylactic As Well As Therapeutic Immune Boosting Tonic
To get a therapeutic effect from garlic, ginger, lemon and honey, we need more than we can comfortably consume. By making this immune boosting tonic you ensure you get a large dose.
What’s interesting about garlic, is that when the clove is chopped, chewed, or crushed, it produces allicin – an active compound with powerful anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic and antioxidant properties.
However, these benefits are destroyed when garlic is heated, so consuming it raw is the the best way to ensure you get those benefits.
And since no one loves to chew some raw garlic, this tonic disguises its unpleasantness perfectly!
This natural antibiotic recipe is easy to make and take. It’s suitable for adults and even kids. My toddler has no problem taking a spoonful of this tonic when she’s having a cold. Followed by a few sips of water just to wash the taste in the mouth.
How Can I Boost My Immune System Fast?
It’s a simple and at the same time a very complex question, but here is what can help you:
- First make some lifestyle changes, check your diet, exercise, sleep patterns and stress levels.
- Then you can have some extra help with vitamins and nutrients that will help your immune system fight viruses and bacteria. Here is where this immune boosting tonic comes into play.
How to Make The Garlic Ginger Lemon Honey Tonic
This immune boosting tonic recipe is made with four renowned health ingredients:
- raw fresh garlic
- raw fresh ginger
- raw lemon (whole)
- raw honey (manuka honey is the most potent)
Other Immune Boosting Ingredients You Can Add
to make it even more potent, like:
- Turmeric powder or fresh turmeric (anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties)
- Spirulina powder (powerful antioxidant and anti-Inflammatory)
- Raw apple cider vinegar (antibacterial and anti-fungal properties)
- Elderberry powder (powerful antioxidant and anti-viral effect)
- Astragalus root powder (immune-boosting, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory effects)
- Propolis (my favorite, a very potent remedy especially when you have a sore throat, I just add it to the tonic in the spoon before swallowing it); see video.
Other Health Related Posts You Might Like
Immune Boosting Tonic Recipe (Ginger Lemon Garlic Honey)
- 2 small fresh lemons (~1/2 cup) - (with the skin or not, cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger - (peeled, cut into chunks)
- 1/2 cup fresh garlic cloves - (peeled)
- 1/2 cup raw honey - organic
- Add all ingredients roughly chopped in a blender, pulsing for a few seconds until everything turns into a paste.The mixture contains not only the juice but also the fibers from the whole fruit/vegetable which makes it even more beneficial for your gut microbiome.
Honey Garlic Ginger Lemon Tonic Tips & Suggestions
- This immune boosting tonic is best taken on an empty stomach in the morning and/or half an hour before meals and before going to bed.
- As a preventive measure you can take one or two teaspoons per day based on personal requirement.
- If you are in the middle of fighting a cold or an acute infection take 1 teaspoon every 3-4 hours.
- The benefits of this tonic are best experienced if used consistently until you feel better and a few days after you recover.
- Remember what you put into your body is what you get, so use only fresh raw, organic, unpasteurized ingredients. Prior to cutting make sure everything is washed and clean.
Storage:Store the immune boosting tonic in a seal-able container (preferably glass) in the fridge. The longer its sits in the fridge the more potent it gets; but the taste gets milder and more pleasant.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
Video also available on my YouTube Channel here.
If you try this immune boosting tonic recipe please leave a comment and star rating below. Your feedback is super helpful for me and readers. Thank you!
©HealthyTasteOfLife. Content and photographs are copyright protected and need prior permission to use. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to other websites and any social media is strictly prohibited. Sharing and using the link of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated!
Disclaimer: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Seek the direct advice of your own doctor if you have any questions or issues. Please refer to my full disclaimer for more info.