Honeydew smoothie recipe – a refreshing, frosty summer drink made with honeydew melon, fresh mint and lemon juice – all vegan ingredients.
This post may contain affiliate links. To read the disclaimer policy See This.
If you’re feeling the heat, wherever you are, this icy honeydew smoothie will help you cool down in a very pleasant way. The combination of honeydew melon and mint enhances both color and flavor of this smoothie making it the most refreshing summer drink I’ve ever tasted. This is truly one of those treats that you can feel good about eating because it’s healthy, hydrating and tasty.
How To Make A Frosty Honeydew Smoothie
Pick a ripe honeydew melon, they should be pale yellow to light lemon in color, not overly green. Cut the melon into bite-sized chunks and freeze them, leaving a few chunks at room temperature for making the liquid base.
Blend those chunks with all liquid ingredients + mint leaves, until you get a liquid mixture, then add the frozen honeydew chunks. This will make an easier blending process and and will give this honeydew smoothie that slushy consistency.
And here’s how truly easy this frosty honeydew melon smoothie is to make!
How To Enjoy This Slushy Honeydew Smoothie
I always eat fresh fruit on an empty stomach, 20 min before a meal, this in one of food combining rules I always follow. Some fruits combine well with greens but melons in particular should be eaten completely on their own. Combining them with other foods will slow down the digestive process, leading to fermentation, lots of gas and bloating.
You can make this the icy honeydew smoothie / slush recipe and enjoy it at home or toss it into a cooler or an insulated bottle and take that with you. You’ll be able to enjoy your frosty melon smoothie right there where you are. And if melts a little in the cooler throughout the day, that’s OK, it will still be cold!
Honeydew Smoothie (Slush) | A Refreshing Summer Drink
- 1 cup honeydew melon - , cubed room temperature
- 3 cups honeydew melon - , cubed, frozen
- 1/2 cup water - or coconut water
- 1/2 cup mint leaves - fresh, tightly packed
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice - fresh, or lime juice
- 1 tsp coconut condensed milk - or any other sweetener (in case the melon is unripe))
- Cut the melon into bite-sized chunks and freeze them, leaving a few chunks at room temperature for making the liquid base.
- Blend the room temperature honeydew melon chunks with the liquid ingredients + mint leaves, until you get a liquid mixture, then add the frozen honeydew chunks. This will give this honeydew smoothie a slush consistency.
- Pour about 1 cup of honeydew smoothie in each glass; stir gently. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.