Looking for salad recipes with radishes? I present you 3 healthy creamy radish salad recipes plus dressing ideas – all made with simple fresh wholesome ingredients. You will love these easy to prepare, delicious, and filling salad recipes!
Creamy Radish Salad Recipes With Health Benefits
Radishes thrive in springtime and offer a lot of vitamins and minerals. Radishes are a good source of vitamin C, just 1/2 cup offers about 14 % of your recommended daily allowance.
They’re also low in carbohydrates but very high in fiber, potassium, calcium and magnesium. Red radishes are packed with Vitamins E, A, C, B6, and K, therefore is best to eat them raw in a salad.
If you want all the wonderful benefits the radishes provide, try the following radish salad recipes, all made with 3 different homemade creamy dressings:
1. Radish Salad With Fennel And Bell Pepper
This crunchy, radish salad has thinly sliced vegetables and a good dose of healthy, creamy seed based dressing. This composition makes this salad vegan (dairy free), naturally low in fat and gluten free.
Many commercially prepared salad dressings are high in fat, salt, and sugar also made with soybean oil, canola oil, safflower oil that influence inflammation in our body.
When we prepare our own, we know exactly which ingredients and how much of each are going into it. That’s why I’m always making my own salad dressings. They’re nice and creamy and packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients. See full recipe below in recipe card.
2. Cucumber Radish Salad
This crunchy summer salad is based off of a classic creamy cucumber salad, except it doesn’t have any dairy ingredients.
My version of cucumber radish salad is dressed in a creamy, vegan, dairy free, gluten free dressing made with avocado and flavored with fresh dill.
I used an adjustable mandoline slicer to cut the cucumbers and radishes. You can do it by hand if you want, but the mandoline makes the process much faster and cuts the vegetables uniformly.
How long it keeps? Unfortunately, cucumber salad is one of those dishes that do not keep well due to water release from veggies and you can only make a couple of hours ahead of time, and mix in the dressing just before serving.
3. Radish Salad With Dandelions And Egg
Next radish salad recipe it’s actually pretty easy to make and is also served with a dairy free, creamy anti-inflammatory dressing. Sometimes simple, healthy substitutions, can take your salad dressing from being pro-inflammatory to anti-inflammatory.
Adding turmeric gives it a vibrant color while adding to the anti-inflammatory benefits. And using apple cider vinegar instead of balsamic helps to stimulate proper digestion and assimilation of all the beneficial nutrients in the salad.
What about dandelions? Did you know that one cup of chopped raw dandelion greens provide 112% DV of Vitamin A and 535% DV of Vitamin K! They also have a very high amount of calcium and iron, actually more than most popular greens!
The dandelion’s slight bitterness increases bile production, improves liver function and removes toxins. Moreover, it is considered an anti-diabetic plant, you can read more about it’s studied effects, here.
Tip For Making A Tasty Creamy Radish Salad
If you wonder how to make radish salads tasty and healthy? Thinly slice the radishes instead of quartering and give them a good coat of creamy dressing. The dressing will camouflage the slight pungent flavor of radishes and enhances their true flavor and sweetness.
Serve These Radish Salads With:
- a butternut squash and sweet potato casserole
- in a wrap along with some protein
- along with Swedish meatballs and some veggies
- with chicken cutlets or stuffed peppers
Use these creamy radish salad recipes to start a meal, or to serve alongside your favorite main meal.
If you make any of these creamy radish salad recipes, I’d like to hear from you! Leave a comment, it’s really helpful for me and readers.
More Salad Recipes:
- Creamy Vegan Chickpea Salad (No Mayo)
- Shrimp Cabbage Salad
- Olivier Salad (Russian Potato Salad)
- 4 Easy Beetroot Salad Recipes + Dressings
- Creamy Whole30 Coleslaw – No Mayo
- Sautéed Zucchini Mushroom Salad With Lemony Dressing
3 Creamy Radish Salad Recipes + Dressing
1. Fennel Radish Salad
- 10-12 Radishes, - julienne
- 1 Small fennel bulb
- 3-4 Mini bell peppers, - or one large
- 2 Scallions
- 1.5 Cup of iceberg lettuce cut lengthwise
2. Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad
- 10-12 radishes - thinly sliced
- 1 Large cucumber - sliced
- 2-3 Scallions
- Bunch of fresh dill
- Bunch of sunflower seed sprouts - optional
3. Creamy Radish Salad With Dandelion Greens
- 1 ½ Cup chopped dandelion greens
- 10-12 Radishes - sliced
- 3/4 Cup of julienne carrots
- 2-3 Chopped scallions
- 2 Hard boiled eggs - organic, pasture raised
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
Prepare The Radish Salads
- Prepare the radishes by slicing off the tops and bottoms.
- In a medium salad bowl, combine sliced and chopped vegetables.
Prepare The Dressings
- In a high speed blender mix all dressing ingredients until smooth in creamy.
- Add the dressing to the radish salad just before serving.See video for visual instructions.
Tips for Making Creamy Radish Salad Recipes
- The dressing offers a delicious creamy contrast to the crisp radishes, so make sure you don’t skip it.
- Make ahead: the ingredients in these radish salad recipes are so sturdy, so you can chop everything in advance, and add the dressing just before serving.
- Variations: replace the red radishes with watermelon radishes, Easter egg radishes, or Daikon Radishes. Get creative, and change other ingredients to your liking.
- Storing: once the salads are assembled make sure you finish them the same day.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.