This unique radish cucumber salad is loaded with crunchy red radishes and crispy cucumbers and finished with a fresh creamy salad dressing with dill and tangy notes. Serve this simple healthful salad chilled as a refreshing veggie side dish during spring or summer.
This simple healthy salad is based off of a classic creamy cucumber salad, except it doesn’t have any dairy ingredients and is vegan friendly!
How To Make A Healthy Radish Cucumber Salad
In order to absoerb nutrients from radishes and cucumbers, fat is needed. Fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) will absorb better when fat is consumed with them. So instead of using a dairy based or mayo based salad dressing I’m going to mimic the creaminess by using avocado – which are full of healthy fats. This avocado based creamy dressing is absolutelly delicious and satisfying!
Ingredients You Need:
- Fresh cucumbers
- Fresh red radishes
- Fresh scallions (green onions)
- Avocado dill salad dressing
To make this radish cucumber salad you need to cut the veggies first and add them in a bowl. For thin fancy slices use a mandoline slicer. This makes the process much faster and cuts the vegetables uniformly.
Make the creamy dressing and mix in when you’re ready to serve the salad. You can make the dressing up to 12 hours in advance.
Keeping the salad dressing separate will prevent it from browning and releasing juices from veggies.
More Healthy Creamy Salads To Try
Serve this radish cucumber salad with
- a veggie casserole;
- in a wrap along with some protein;
- or use it to start a meal, or to serve alongside your favorite main meal.
If you make this creamy cucumber radish salad recipe, I’d like to hear from you! Leave a comment, it’s really helpful for me and readers.
Healthy Radish Cucumber Salad
- 10-12 medium red radishes
- 1 large persian cucumber - or 3-4 smaller
- 2-3 scallions
- 1/2 bunch of fresh dill
- 1 cup creamy avocado dressing - see recipe
- Prepare the radishes and cucumber by rinsing, slicing off the tops and bottoms.
- In a medium salad bowl, combine thinly sliced vegetables. Use rounds or semi-circles.
- Make the creamy dressing by mixing it's ingredients in a high speed blender mix until smooth in creamy.
- Add the dressing to the radish cucumber salad just before serving. Best if served chilled.
What You Need
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
More Salad Recipes
- Shrimp Cabbage Salad
- Olivier Salad (Russian Potato Salad)
- 4 Easy Beetroot Salad Recipes + Dressings
- Sautéed Zucchini Mushroom Salad With Lemony Dressing
©HealthyTasteOfLife. Content and photographs are copyright protected and need prior permission to use. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to other websites and any social media is strictly prohibited. Sharing and using the link of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated!