This is a light version of creamy vegan broccoli soup that doesn’t call for any vegan cream, plus it’s so quick to make – only 25 minutes and it’s ready to serve!
Heads up: some are affiliate links & I may receive a small commission from qualifying sales. For disclaimer policy See This.
Comfy-Healing Vegan Broccoli Soup
The rich and creamy texture of this soup will make you think it’s cream based, but it’s absolutely dairy free and delicious! This recipe is also gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan and only plant-based.
Around the fall and with winter on the horizon we have the necessity of warm, liquid coating and hugging our gut with comfy-healing food vibes. Eating soup during cold weather just seems right, a warm filling dish loaded with veggies, protein and healthy fats is really satisfying.
Vegan Broccoli Soup – How It’s Made
There’s a lot of broccoli in this recipe hence a lot of vitamins, antioxidants and fibre. Usually some recipes combine broccoli with potatoes in order to get a creamier texture.
In this broccoli soup, avocado is what makes it creamy, the lemon juice gives it tang, and bell peppers and leeks add a sweet and savory flavor that pulls it all together. Finally the spices and garlic enhances all these flavors.
There is no need to roast the veggies in the oven. In order to preserve all vitamins, broccoli has to keep it’s bright green color. If you boil or cook it for too long, there’s nothing left, probably just the taste.
I finished the soup with some micro-greens and a touch of coconut aminos which is a sweet and sour sauce similar to soy sauce. It gives an extra kick to the final dish. And if you like your soup with bread try this gluten free sourdough bread – toasted its even better.
I think this creamy vegan broccoli soup doesn’t need any additional flavors at all, so it has no chicken or vegetable stock, no milk, no butter or cream. The avocado helps with thickness enough, so there is no need to add flour either.
Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup With Health Benefits
Move over cream of broccoli soup, this is a healthier creamy vegan broccoli soup that is easy to make in just 25 minutes. You can serve it as a starter, with dinner or double the quantity for a full meal.
Are you ready to inundate your immune system with vitamins? Here is the soups’ nutritional profile for 1 serving:
- Vitamin A: 223.8 %
- Vitamin B-6: 66.5 %
- Vitamin C: 753.0 %
- Vitamin E: 39.5 %
- Calcium: 26.3 %
- Copper: 26.7 %
- Folate: 134.2 %
- Magnesium: 31.7 %
- Niacin: 23.8 %
- Riboflavin: 38.1 %
- Selenium: 11.4 %
- Zinc: 17.7 %
Try this creamy vegan broccoli soup and let your tummy be grateful for that! It’s perfect for a simple weeknight meal when you’re just not in the mood to cook for hours.
Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup In 25 min (GF)
- 2 small-medium broccoli heads
- 1 stalk of leeks - chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, - minced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, - chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil, - extra virgin
- 2 cups collard greens or kale, - chopped
- 1 or 2 small avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 tsp coriander - ground
- 1/4 tsp cumin - ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups of filtered water
- handful of micro-greens - to garnish
- 1 Tbsp Bragg’s coconut aminos - garnish
- In a pot heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the leeks and garlic. Cook for a couple minutes until translucent then add the bell pepper add the spices.
- Cook for a couple more minutes, add broccoli, the bay leaves and water – cover with a lid and bring to a boil, cook until broccoli starts to turn a vibrant green (should only be a few minutes).
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or food processor (regular blender works too) while adding the avocado. Add lemon juice at the end. Mix until it gets creamy.
- Garnish with micro greens drizzle some coconut aminos and serve!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.